Wednesday, May 6, 2015

....and then there's the day AFTER Mother's Day.

Mother's Day is not what it is for everyone else.
I have learned a long time ago not to wait by my telephone on Mother's Day. Sometimes it rings, sometimes it doesn't. This is why my husband and I usually take a day trip that day. We really love to get out and drive the countryside, see and hear God's creation, give Glory to God....because sometimes, my telephone doesn't ring.

It doesn't ring for everyone else, either. I know too many moms who have been rejected by their adult kids. I have grown accustomed to the disrespect and hate, I can't change them. So, I have to change ME.
Parents have to not look back but blaze a trail FORWARD. If we are forgiven by God, then who are they to keep us in THEIR subjection? That, my friends, is being held hostage. And I won't live like that....anymore.
There are other victims of Mother's Day: post abortive women, women who miscarried, kids in foster care, adopted kids, the brokenhearted, etc. A victim stays a victim until you escape. A holiday does not identify who we are to God. We are His, we are forgiven; if our kids can't forgive, then too bad. I can't live in the memory they have for us for the rest of THEIR lives.
My husband honors me for Mother's Day. He always has. He knows that this day is really about MOM, they one who gave life, the one who loves unconditionally, the one who is there when she's not needed or wanted. I have made mistakes just like every other person in the world, but I certainly don't need a holiday to remind me of it.
Happy Day After Mother's Day:
v16 Thus says the Lord:
“Refrain your voice from weeping,
And your eyes from tears;
For your work shall be rewarded, says the Lord,
And they shall come back from the land of the enemy.
v17 There is hope in your future, says the Lord,
That your children shall come back to their own border." Jeremiah 31:15-17

No comments:

Post a Comment