Sunday, July 5, 2015

Because Mom ALWAYS liked you best.

There are a myriad of reasons why women abort. Probably the biggest reason is that the pregnant woman has been reduced to the bottom of a pile of people who will always be more important than her.

Let me explain, I hope.

I am the oldest of three. How many time have you heard how it's all about the oldest child or the 'baby' of the family? All the time we hear this. BUT...it's not true. I'll spare you all the details, but to give a quick synopsis, I've played second best since the beginning of my 50+ years on this earth.

Now, to be fair, I'm not one to live like I'm dying. I am careful, I think things through, I don't put others into harms way. When I in the fourth grade at an inner city school, a boy was very mean to me all the time. He finally slapped me and the teacher found out about it. LITERALLY, she grabbed him and put him up against a wall, held him there, and told me to hit him as hard as I can. Can you even imagine this in school today? Might solve some things....anyway, I stared at him for what seemed like FOREVER. I never hit him. I really wanted to - he deserved it - but my mind was in a flurry of what the ramifications would be if I did. I did not believe outcome could have supported the action. But the very cool thing was that someone, my teacher, actually stood up for ME. I had no idea how to handle that.

That's my life. Overthinking everything. Scared to death of everyone. Because I was always second best, if that, and had to justify and struggle for everything. I never wanted to hurt people because I hated getting hurt so much. Even being the oldest kid, I was ignored until I was needed for something, you know...like helping to pay rent or whatever.

So I disappeared, kind of. You know, wallflower kind of thing, and realized no one noticed. I'll just do my 'thing', whatever that is [was], no one cares.

Until I got pregnant.

I had NO idea how many lives I RUINED by getting pregnant. Or, at least that's what the general consensus was. I mean, little ol' me just kind of blended with the wallpaper until I got pregnant. My baby would be the source of everyone's ills and ails, the reason why we will be homeless, and probably keep us from world peace.

Just one tiny baby unleashed just how inhuman my entire family really is, even to this day. I was seeing this family naked for the first time and it wasn't pretty. But all of the sudden, I got all of the attention...as long as I get an abortion.

So, being second best, if THAT, made everyone else's opinion about my baby more important than mine...you know, the baby's mother. I was bullied, I was shunned, I was humiliated, I was ridiculed, I was hated. Everyone knew what was best for me and what would ultimately be the demise of my precious baby.

SO - the moral of the story is this: All I ever wanted was dignity, respect and love. And all I got was an abortion. When you hear of women aborting their babies, remember who really makes the decision to abort - VERY seldom is it her 'choice', but the 'choice' of everyone she thought she could trust. Most post-abortive moms find out the hard way who's second best...if that.

Sometimes I really wished I hit that kid in the fourth grade, learn to stand up for myself since no one would. Maybe that would have changed my doormat second best status? I guess we'll never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment