Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Even as a #Prolife Activist, birthdays ain't my thing.

I'll clarify: I don't celebrate my birthday. Ever.

"But you are a prolifer," you're thinking. Yes, I am, probably the most obnoxious and out loud one you'll find. And it's not an 'age' thing or anything like that. It's that I was privileged TO be born while millions and millions have not.

My husband and I have literally fought over this. He wants to celebrate my birth with all the pomp and circumstance he can muster. He's the best guy ever. He is so precious to me.

Maybe I'm wrong. It's not a martyr thing, I assure you. I don't like attention. I don't like making a day 'mine', I hate that even on this day, the anniversary of my birth, over 3500 babies will lose their lives and never have their birthdays. Ever.

I wish I could explain this better. But just know that I thank God every day for my great health and the many blessings He has given me, despite my occasional disobedience. I thank God that He gave ME His only Son to save me from an eternal HELL.

Seriously, what more could I possibly want or need? I'd rather see that all unborn children be given the chance to have their first birthday; a life with a plan known to God and peace. Especially peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment